Monday, October 01, 2018

Quit your jibber jabber…

…And tell us how long it took to write your first novel.

Okay good question, deep breath – 9 months writing it; 6 months in a drawer; another 6 months of rewriting it; 3 months of editing, proofing and publishing.  After a quick count of all my fingers, toes, and some other appendages, I make that 24 months in total.  Or 2 years, give or take the odd hastily eaten sandwich and dodgy haircut.

The book is still at the proofing stage, but once it’s in and the changes are accepted it’ll be good to go.  I’ve made myself promise myself there won’t be any hurried last minute changes.  I suppose it’s taking the adage to its logical conclusion that a novel is never finished, it’s just published.  Eventually you’ve got to let it go and unleash it onto an unsuspecting, but I hope deserving, world.

No comments: