Sunday, December 28, 2008


Jimbo's Top 9 of 2008 #6: Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries: The Golden Carrot

I had two stabs at Granny, Sylvester and Tweety. The first one The Tweety Effect wasn't great. There was some good stuff in there, but I think I just tried too hard. The Golden Carrot, which appeared in Looney Tunes #166, was no less ambitious but I think a more satisfactory affair. It featured Marvin the Martian, Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam. Not only that at the end Granny walks off the comic page in order to chastise and wave her umbrella in the direction of writer and artist (Chynna Clugston). Except that the writer doesn't bear my likeness, but was drawn in the guise of inker Mike DeCarlo, moustache and everything! I suppose that was rather naughty of Mike and his shady hirsute behaviour is even acknowledged by the editor in the final edit! I'm not even sure about the spelling of lapsang souchon either. Mad, I tell ye, mad!

No comments: